Strokkur is a container inspired by the work Woman Churning Butter, which sculptor Ásmundur Sveinsson worked on in Reykjavík in 1934. Strokkur gives the user the opportunity to adapt to the work and put himself in the position of the statue, which with great calm and consideration churns butter. The work was dedicated to women of the past and present.
- Designer: Hanna Dís Whitehead
- Size: Ø 17-20, H 10-30 cm
- Weight: ca. 512-670 g
- Material: Stone clay and earthenware with glaze
- It is recommended to wash the product by hand
- Handmade by the designer in Iceland (each item is unique)
Ásmundur Sveinsson (1893-1982) was one of the pioneers of Icelandic sculpture. His artworks manifest the Icelandic narrative tradition, society and nature. Many of his works are accessible in public spaces in Reykjavík. It was the artist's opinion that art belonged to the masses.